Sunday, November 29, 2009

Help! Drawstring ponytails have made my hair thin?

I would wear drawstring ponytails daily, only taking them out to wash and dry my hair. They were so easy, convenient and cute. I did this for several months, now my hair in the middle of my head is extremely weak, and thin and my scalp is tender in the area where the combs would tighten and gather together. I am now using mega thick doo gro. Any other suggestions to bring my hair back. I had to cut it super short all over.



Help! Drawstring ponytails have made my hair thin?

I overheard a hairstylist talking about this with another customer as I waited.



1) don't pull the ponytail too tight. this will cause your hair to break.



2) don't put it in a ponytail right after a bath or shower. when your hair is wet, it is at its weakest, and it will break more easily.



try finding some scalp conditioners to help your scalp. poor thing! it sounds painful. i hope it repairs itself soon!



Help! Drawstring ponytails have made my hair thin?

at first i was like what is that..so i searched and now i understand its a clip on hair ext piece...i think what happened is that it was pulling at your natural hair putting weight on your roots...this made your hair stretch to its capacity...the thin aspect is a sign of weak or damaged hair...use a good shampoo conditioner and leave in oil..it will will come back to life within a week...just quit the ponytails for while



Help! Drawstring ponytails have made my hair thin?

I am a hairstylist and there is this great product that makes your hair grow back and make it thick. It is called Nioxin. You can only get them in salons. You should try it. A lot of people I know use it and says that it works.



Help! Drawstring ponytails have made my hair thin?

Hello, please visit blackhairmedia.com and you will answers to all of your hair problems. This is a great hair site with lots of good information and the young ladies are very helpful.



Help! Drawstring ponytails have made my hair thin?

Well of course your hair is thinning simply because you keep pulling it back tightly snapping that ponytail and doing that for several months will thin your hair out. I wouldn't suggest using that doo gro shampoo most products like that don't even work (trust me). Try a good moisturizing shampoo without sulfate and a moisturizing conditioner, deep condition your hair at least ever 2 1/2 weeks, and stop wearing those ponytails i know they are super cute and very convenient but they damage your hair with repeated use. I suggest getting this falt iron cream, a nice ceramic iron (only 30 dollars at beauty supply store) and simply flat iron your hair in some cool funky syle while your hair grows back. I'd highly suggest not relaxing your hair or using any other chemical treatment wait until you hair is full and healthy again!!! O yeah stay away form hair grease we as blacks have been fooled in thinking that it helps are hair grow when in reality it clogs the scalp preventing growth instead of using grease (which is vaseline based and just creates a fake film of shine on the hair strand and not moisturizing at all) instead use real essential oils like olive oil, jojoba oil and tea tree oil (the actual liquid ones not the ones in the jar that are vaseline aka petroletum based) here are products i suggest..



flat iron: https://www.gigibeauty.com/product_info....



flat iron creme: http://growafrohairlong.com/flatironing....



shampoo: http://cremeofnature.com/products_1.asp



something for breakage: http://www.texasbeautysupplies.com/srg00...



any good conditioner you like is good...



and some cool styles: http://www.blackhairmedia.com/hairstyles...



and this is a great website (listed below) to buy hair care products from it's black owned and the products are nautral and they really do work!!!



http://www.anitagrant.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting talk